Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

Cyclone V transceiver LVDS reception problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to use the Hard IP Cyclone V transceiver Native PHY v 15.0 that I create with MegaWizard. 

I'd like that 

2 Gbit/s LVDS signals 

DATA_P  

-------------- DATA 

| LVDS | -----------------|Deserialization|------|8b10b decoder|----- I'd like to have this signal in the end. 

-------------- 

DATA_N 

I'd like to link a LVDS signal on the RX channel. During the instanciation I put DATA_P ( it's a std_logic_vector (0 downto 0)) in the serial data of the transceiver but Quartus II automatically create a DATA_P(n) whereas i created a DATA_N sig declared as a LVDS on the pin planner. (I declared DATA_P as a LVDS) 

My instanciation of the transceiver is that: Good instanciation? 

RX_transceiver_2GIGA: transceiver_2_Gbit port map(  

(others => '0'),--rx_analogreset, 

(others => '0'),--rx_digitalreset, 

(others => '0'),--rx_cdr_refclk, 

DATA_P,--rx_serial_data, --DATA_buffered(0 downto 0) 

rx_parallel_data_sig,--rx_parallel_data, 

(others => '0'),--rx_std_coreclkin, 

rx_std_clkout_sig,--rx_std_clkout, 

rx_cal_busy_sig,--rx_cal_busy, 

(others => '0'),--reconfig_to_xcvr, 

open);--reconfig_from_xcvr); 

I tried to use a ALIOBUF in differential configuration but it doesn't work. 

I'd like to know how to use de Clock Data Recovery please? I don't understand de datasheet. 

Should I use the transceiver reconfiguration controller? 

Can you help me please?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I'd like to link a LVDS signal on the RX channel. During the instanciation I put DATA_P ( it's a std_logic_vector (0 downto 0)) in the serial data of the transceiver but Quartus II automatically create a DATA_P(n) whereas i created a DATA_N sig declared as a LVDS on the pin planner. (I declared DATA_P as a LVDS) 

--- Quote End ---  

As far as I know, if a pin is LVDS, then Quartus expects to see a signal named as the pin planner shows. Personally, I just declare the positive pin of the signal and let quartus fit the negative pin. You can also name a signal SIGNAL and SIGNAL_n and Quartus should automatically pick it up correctly. For you, this would be DATA and DATA_N. 

Check out http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2707. If you don't need the special buffers, you can always do each pin separately and not declare the LVDS assignment, but this is for the transceivers, which is usually a special case.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, Thanks you for the answer :) 

In the pin planner when you choose LVDS the second signal is created!
0 Kudos