Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Cyclone V transceiver LVDS reception problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to use the Hard IP Cyclone V transceiver Native PHY v 15.0 that I create with MegaWizard. 

I'd like that 

2 Gbit/s LVDS signals 

DATA_P  

-------------- DATA 

| LVDS | -----------------|Deserialization|------|8b10b decoder|----- I'd like to have this signal in the end. 

-------------- 

DATA_N 

I'd like to link a LVDS signal on the RX channel. During the instanciation I put DATA_P ( it's a std_logic_vector (0 downto 0)) in the serial data of the transceiver but Quartus II automatically create a DATA_P(n) whereas i created a DATA_N sig declared as a LVDS on the pin planner. (I declared DATA_P as a LVDS) 

My instanciation of the transceiver is that: Good instanciation? 

RX_transceiver_2GIGA: transceiver_2_Gbit port map(  

(others => '0'),--rx_analogreset, 

(others => '0'),--rx_digitalreset, 

(others => '0'),--rx_cdr_refclk, 

DATA_P,--rx_serial_data, --DATA_buffered(0 downto 0) 

rx_parallel_data_sig,--rx_parallel_data, 

(others => '0'),--rx_std_coreclkin, 

rx_std_clkout_sig,--rx_std_clkout, 

rx_cal_busy_sig,--rx_cal_busy, 

(others => '0'),--reconfig_to_xcvr, 

open);--reconfig_from_xcvr); 

I tried to use a ALIOBUF in differential configuration but it doesn't work. 

I'd like to know how to use de Clock Data Recovery please? I don't understand de datasheet. 

Should I use the transceiver reconfiguration controller? 

Can you help me please?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I'd like to link a LVDS signal on the RX channel. During the instanciation I put DATA_P ( it's a std_logic_vector (0 downto 0)) in the serial data of the transceiver but Quartus II automatically create a DATA_P(n) whereas i created a DATA_N sig declared as a LVDS on the pin planner. (I declared DATA_P as a LVDS) 

--- Quote End ---  

As far as I know, if a pin is LVDS, then Quartus expects to see a signal named as the pin planner shows. Personally, I just declare the positive pin of the signal and let quartus fit the negative pin. You can also name a signal SIGNAL and SIGNAL_n and Quartus should automatically pick it up correctly. For you, this would be DATA and DATA_N. 

Check out http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2707. If you don't need the special buffers, you can always do each pin separately and not declare the LVDS assignment, but this is for the transceivers, which is usually a special case.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, Thanks you for the answer :) 

In the pin planner when you choose LVDS the second signal is created!