Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Cygheap issue with Nios II tools

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

I'm facing an error from time to time when I execute nios2-xxx tools or when I start debugging in Nios II Eclipse.  

-> I'm getting a cygwin error as follows: 

0 perl (5284) C:\altera\13.0sp1\quartus\bin\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x612708D0/0x8208D0. This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL. Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should* reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also suggested if you are unable to find another cygwin DLL. /cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/sh_pl.sh: line 2: 5372 Segmentation fault PERL5LIB=`cygpath -u "$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin"` perl "${SH_PL:-$0.pl}" $@  

I've already found some posts in the net about this issue related to Win7 64bit, but didn't try them yet since I don't want to ruin my Quartus installation. 

Btw, I have no other cygwin installation on my system. 

Is there any solution to avoid that error and also avoid rebooting the PC? 

Best regards
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello everyone, 

I'm facing an error from time to time when I execute nios2-xxx tools or when I start debugging in Nios II Eclipse.  

-> I'm getting a cygwin error as follows: 

0 perl (5284) C:\altera\13.0sp1\quartus\bin\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x612708D0/0x8208D0. This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL. Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should* reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also suggested if you are unable to find another cygwin DLL. /cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/sh_pl.sh: line 2: 5372 Segmentation fault PERL5LIB=`cygpath -u "$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin"` perl "${SH_PL:-$0.pl}" $@  

I've already found some posts in the net about this issue related to Win7 64bit, but didn't try them yet since I don't want to ruin my Quartus installation. 

Btw, I have no other cygwin installation on my system. 

Is there any solution to avoid that error and also avoid rebooting the PC? 

Best regards 

--- Quote End ---  

I have it too... If someone has a solution for it....
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have it too... If someone has a solution for https://peblueprint.com/bathmate-review the bathmate it.... 

--- Quote End ---  

Those links didn't help zelenkaj. Is there anything else I can dod to get past this error message?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

This error is still reproducible with QuartusII 14.0. 

nios2-elf-g++ -T'.../software/Fw_bsp_app/linker.x' -msys-crt0='.../software/Fw_bsp_app/obj/HAL/src/crt0.o' -msys-lib=hal_bsp -L.../software/liboplkcnapp-hostif -L.../software/Fw_bsp_app -Wl,-Map=Fw_host_app.map -O2 -g -Wall -mhw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -Wall -Wextra -pedantic -std=c99 -DNDEBUG -DCONFIG_CN -DALT_TCIMEM_SIZE=4096 -o Fw_host_app.elf obj/default//.../software/app.o obj/default//.../software/canbus.o obj/default//.../software/event.o obj/default/main.o obj/default/arp.o obj/default/gpio-nios2.o -loplkcnapp-hostif -lm  

nios2-elf-insert Fw_host_app.elf --thread_model hal --cpu_name host_0_cpu_1 --qsys true --simulation_enabled false --id xxxxx --sidp xxxxx --timestamp 1465982303 --stderr_dev host_0_jtag_uart_0 --stdin_dev host_0_jtag_uart_0 --stdout_dev host_0_jtag_uart_0 --sopc_system_name cnDualHostifGpio --quartus_project_dir "board" --jdi .../cn-dual-hostif-gpio.jdi --sopcinfo .../cnDualHostifGpio.sopcinfo 

0 [main] perl (6448) C:\altera\14.0\quartus\bin64\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x612708D0/0xBA08D0. 

This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL. 

Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility 

and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should* 

reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have 

installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also suggested if you 

are unable to find another cygwin DLL. 

/cygdrive/c/altera/14.0/nios2eds/bin/sh_pl.sh: line 2: 6916 Segmentation fault PERL5LIB="$(cd "${SOPC_KIT_NIOS2}" 2>/dev/null && pwd 2>/dev/null)/bin" perl "${SH_PL:-$0.pl}" $@ 

Best regards, 

Romain
0 Kudos
Rtink
Beginner

Those links didn't help zelenkaj. Is there anything else I can dod to get past this error message?

0 Kudos