Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12597 Discussions

DE0-Nano - A/D Converter in Nios II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good morning, 

I work in a research group in a Universdade of Brazil and I I'm working with the board DE0- Nano. I am using the Nios II and needed to use the A/D converter of the respective board. 

i do not know how to use this a/d converter in the nios ii in c language. someone could show me a c program for the nios ii using the ad converter?  

This program, if possible, need return the value of the conversion in LEDs and on the computer screen. 

Thank you. 

Ps: The A/D Converter is the ADC128S022 from National Semiconductor.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I just see you had the same problem as me.My question is have you solved the problem? And when yes how you handle it. Maybe you can post/show me or tell me how you did it. 

thx
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

Unfortunately I have the same probblam.I've understood the 'DE0_NANO_ADC' demonstration but I can't use the code for other project in C language in EClipse IDE.I've used QuartusII V. 11.1 and I was wondered if anybody can help me. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can easily use SPI Core in qsys and then use it in eclipse to read and config the ADC,no further file is required

0 Kudos