Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

DE0-Nano - A/D Converter in Nios II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good morning, 

I work in a research group in a Universdade of Brazil and I I'm working with the board DE0- Nano. I am using the Nios II and needed to use the A/D converter of the respective board. 

i do not know how to use this a/d converter in the nios ii in c language. someone could show me a c program for the nios ii using the ad converter?  

This program, if possible, need return the value of the conversion in LEDs and on the computer screen. 

Thank you. 

Ps: The A/D Converter is the ADC128S022 from National Semiconductor.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I just see you had the same problem as me.My question is have you solved the problem? And when yes how you handle it. Maybe you can post/show me or tell me how you did it. 

thx
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

Unfortunately I have the same probblam.I've understood the 'DE0_NANO_ADC' demonstration but I can't use the code for other project in C language in EClipse IDE.I've used QuartusII V. 11.1 and I was wondered if anybody can help me. 

Thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can easily use SPI Core in qsys and then use it in eclipse to read and config the ADC,no further file is required