Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

DE0-Nano Interrupts/Kernel Issues

AShiv
Novice

Hello,

As the title states, I am trying to get an interrupt signal from the FPGA->HPS. I know that I need to write a kernel driver module and register it to the interrupt, as well as updating the device tree based on the forum thread here: https://alterawiki.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41622&page=2. I was following along fairly well. However, I have been using the GHRD yocto linux image on the board thus far, and can't find the source for the kernel in order to compile modules against it. I found the rocketboards github and tried to use the 3.13 version, but when I compiled my code against it and tried to add the module to the board, I got:

fpga_uinput: version magic '3.13.0 SMP mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 ' should be '3.13.0-00298-g3c7cbb9-dirty SMP mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 ' Error: could not insert module fpga_uinput.ko: Invalid module format

So apparently that wasn't the correct version of the kernel. I then tried to just use the newest kernel on the rocketboards git. But after compiling it to the zImage it would always get hung-up when trying to boot the board but not always in the same spot. I'd appreciate any help thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies