Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

[DE1-SOC] How to handle interrupt of msgDMA in a linux application

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using DE1-SOC and I have a system which streaming data from a fifo in FPGA to SDRAM by msgDMA.  

I have controlled msgDMA to write the descriptor and read data from SDRAM successfully but I don't know how to register and handle the interrupt of event completing a transfer in linux application.  

In my qsys design, the csr_iq of msgDMA is connected with f2h_irq0 of HPS, is it correct? 

Is there a way to interrupt the program without writing a kernel module? I have no knowledge about writing a kernel driver. 

Currently, I'm trying a stupid way as below: 

write_descriptor_to_base_address(); csr_ret = read_csr_status(); while(1) { if ( (csr_ret >> 8) & 0x1) == 1) { // read the bit 9th where IRQ_ID was set handle_event_transfer_complete(); break; } }  

Could anyone here give me some advice to solve the problem? 

Thank you,
0 Kudos
0 Replies