Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

DE1- SoC Accelerometer (ADXL345) with nios II

AdelAkl
Beginner

Hi, 
I have a DE1-SoC and I'm trying to access the G-Sensor device from the Nios II, I know that it's possible via the I2C interface, but I don't know how to do that.
I'm reading tutorials and one of them says that there's another tutorial named :" Using the DE1- SoC Accelerometer with nios II " that I can't find anywhere. 
Where can I find this tutorial ?
Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AdelAkl,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Please do refer to the following link here, do let us know if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
AdelAkl
Beginner

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply, I already did refer to this documentation, and this one asks me to refer to the other one named "Using the DE1- SoC Accelerometer with nios II" which I'm looking for. 

AdelAkl_0-1621871742391.png

(Page 14 on the PDF) 

Best regards.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AdelAkl,

I see, Altera's university program site has been deprecated and all the content should be already moved here.

Please do check out the new site and let us know if what you are finding are available.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
AdelAkl
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel,

I already checked out this website, I still can't find the PDF I'm looking for ("Using the DE1- SoC Accelerometer with nios II"),
There's only "Use the Accelerometer on Terasic DE-SoC Boards" which is not what I'm looking for.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AdelAkl,

Apologies for the delayed in response, unfortunately we do not have the exact design example using accelerometer with Nios ii.
However in the previous link there are design example with just the accelerometer with DE1-SOC, which might be a good start on how to use the accelerometer and further improve the design by adding in Nios ii.
Please do let us know if that helps to clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AdelAkl,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support where community users will further help you with doubts in this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos