Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

DE1-SoC Linux default password?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just got my DE1-SoC development kit and have installed the Linux Ubuntu Desktop image from the Terasic website. 

Problem is, I can't do anything in the terminal without logging in to the machine. The machine logs itself in, but I don't know what the password is for the installed "Demo User". Anyone have this information?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I just got my DE1-SoC development kit and have installed the Linux Ubuntu Desktop image from the Terasic website. 

Problem is, I can't do anything in the terminal without logging in to the machine. The machine logs itself in, but I don't know what the password is for the installed "Demo User". Anyone have this information? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey, I made an account just for you bud. I was having the same issue and just after seeing your post figured it out.  

If you're still having trouble so this: 

Run su root in a terminal window. When prompted for a password type "terasic". 

Now you're running as the root user. Run passwd ubuntu to change the password for the ubuntu aka "Demo User" user. 

That should get you sorted out! Good luck
0 Kudos