Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

DE2-115 MAC Address

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Guys 

Im trying to get the mac addresses for my de2-115 for use in a simple socket server. The code im using utilizes TSE and a nios simple socket server RGMII template. 

How can i determine what mac my board is set to or where do i set the mac if it is configurable? 

thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

AFAIK simple socket server template contains a get_board_mac_addr() function which is called by the TSE driver initialization code. 

Here you can assign your custom mac address.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok,. i think im setting that correctly according to the examples, but my iniche_net_ready is not being set.  

Does what i write in the code get written into HW or do i need to figure out what the HW mac is currently set to? 

thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If everything is ok, the address you pass through get_board_mac_addr() will be written in hw and it is definitely the actual mac. 

But if you don't get valid iniche_net_ready, you probably have some hw problem and initialization can't complete.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Two different PHY chips are used on the DE115 boards depending on when the board was made. Make sure you have software that matches the chip that is in use. The settings should be common between PHY chips but this isn't always the case. The mac address is set in the PHY chip by software. Check to see if there are jumpers on the board to set the mechanism used to communicate with the PHY. These (if there are any) must match what the software is using.

0 Kudos