Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

DS-5 does not recognize the USB Blaster on my DE0-nano-Soc board when trying to do bare-metal debug. Does it only recognize standalone USB Blasters or do I have some other problem?

CBehr
Beginner

The programmer sees both the FPGA core and the HPS.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CBehr
Beginner

p.s. The DS-5 tool has a paid license (past it's service period).

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
CBehr
Beginner

I saw that. It's not related. I got it working though. If anyone else runs into this it mat help.

First off, the problem was that when I tried to browse for the connection in debug configurations, it gave a python error with no information. I expected the connection to show up or be able to browse for it.

As a hail mary, I pasted the USB hardware ID into the connection box and tried that. It failed of course, but once I did that, when I hit the browse button, the connection showed up and worked fine. I doubt it had anything to do with the hardware ID, maybe just having some text there so I could attempt to debug. Anyway, I can't reproduce the problem because the USB blaster shows up now.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks,

Colin

0 Kudos