Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

DSP-Builder, NiosII, Matlab

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus4.2 

NiosII1.1 

StratixII2S60Dev.Board 

XPPro 

Hi there, 

i need some help concerning DSP-Builder: 

my work is to read data from a matlab-gui to the fpga via the RS232, which works fine with Nios II. 

Now i have to implement a realtime-algorithm parallel to NiosII with DSP-Builder, who works with this data. 

1. How is the interface between NiosII and DSP-Builder? Can i read from a specific fpgainternal-RAM-adress? 

1a. Are the Avalon-Ports from the SOPC-Builder Links the right ones? Is there a documentation for these blocks available? 

2. Is it possible to deposit selfwritten VHDL-Code in a BlackBox, comparable to Xilinx SystemGenerator BlackBox? 

3. Which Simulink-Sources are useable in DSP-Builder? Seems to me that some are and some are not... 

4. In Simulink Libray Browser, DSP-Builder offer three boards: Stratix DSP 1S25, Stratix DSP 1S80, Stratix II DSP 2S60. But not the one i use, is this important? If yes, where can i get this library? 

You see, i´m not really the DSP-Builder expert, but i try http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif  

I´ll be thankful for every answer! 

Regards, Max
0 Kudos
0 Replies