Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Datails about DK-START-5AGXB3N

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

I would just like to get confirmation that the DK-START-5AGXB3N allow me to program the ARRIA V 5AGXFB3H4F35I3 FPGA. Are they compatible ?  

Indeed, the price of this kit is just 850§ in comparison with the Quartus Prime Pro edition which is selling at 4000§ a year. 

Many thanks for your help, 

Sincerely yours, 

Pierre
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, if you are looking for Quartus Prime for Arria V, you can use the standard edition (instead of Pro edition). Pro edition is a must for Stratix 10, but for Arria V it is recommended to use Quartus Prime Standard.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, turn out that Quartus Standard edition cost about $3000 USD which isn't that cheap either. In that case, DK-START-5AGXB3N could be a good option :) 

However, I would encourage you to use the trial version first (should be good for 30-days or so) to ensure that the software meets your requirement.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sunshine, 

Thank you for your quick reply! 

Indeed, Quartus Standard edition is still too expensive. Moreover, no programming files could be generated with trial version..  

I am buying the design Kit - DK-START-5AGXB3N.  

Thank you for your Help !
0 Kudos