Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

De1-soc adc controller

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have and DE1-SoC rev D. And are trying to use the ADC by the IP Library\University Program\Generic IO\De1-SoC Controller. 

I read the De1-SoC Controller.pdf file, but it is not enough, I have not been able to capture and analog signal and convert it to a digital signal. 

So I started analyzing the CD\Demonstrations\FPGA\DE1_SoC_ADC. 

But I have found that the demonstration is different in CD Revision D, E and F. 

So, I have some questions: 

The IP Library\University Program\Generic IO\De1-SoC Controller, is for the all the DE1-SoC versions (with AD7928 or LTC2308)? 

Why in the CD\Demonstrations\FPGA\DE1_SoC_ADC is used a custom Qsys component instead of using the IP Library\University Program\Generic IO\De1-SoC Controller? 

Why in the CD Rev. D the Qsysdesign does not include the custom Qsys component and the CD Rev. E and F yes they include it in the Qsys design? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
0 Replies