Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12369 Discussions

Device tree and sopc2dts issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi everybody!  

I'm working with Cyclone V SoC but I have some issues generating the device tree through sopc2dts. All preloader, u-boot image and script, rbf and dtb file are updated but it seems the dts missing some part (in particular the fpga2hps_sdram) that are in qsys structure and then in sopcinfo file. If I use the device tree generated by sopc2dts and I try to boot linux, it stucks on "Starting kernel". Instead, if I use the dtb from GSRD, linux starts but I can't write in DDR. Moreover, I set linux to use only 512 of 1024MB DDR through the u-boot script, but apparently this setting is ignored (when linux boots up thanks to GSRD dtb, I controlled the system RAM through "free -m" command and it was 1024MB instead of 512MB ). 

Some advise?
0 Replies