Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Downloading elf error from nios2 command shell...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus 14.0 and Cyclone V FPGA..... 

In Qsys system integration tool i am using NOR flash base address as a Reset vector and SDRAM base address as a Exception vector. 

If i try to download elf file using niosII IDE everything is fine i can able to download it, and it is working fine. 

and if i am trying to download same elf file through niosII command shell i am getting following error... 

verify failed between address 0x2000020 and 0x200ffff this is sdram address 

following is error message:  

root@Nitin:/opt/altera/14.0/nios2eds# nios2-download -g ~/uart_with_fpp.elf 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [2-2]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Initializing CPU cache (if present) 

OK 

Downloaded 70KB in 1.0s (70.0KB/s) 

Verifying 02000020 ( 0%) 

Verify failed between address 0x2000020 and 0x200FFFF 

Leaving target processor paused 

root@Nitin:/opt/altera/14.0/nios2eds# 

Thanks in advance.... 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Sagar, 

Your error message says USB-Blaster[2-2]. See number 2-2. It seems to me that there are 2 USB Blasters connected on your system. Is this correct? If yes, while you download your image using IDE, which USB blaster do you select?  

Regards, 

Bhaumik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Sagar, 

Your error message says USB-Blaster[2-2]. See number 2-2. It seems to me that there are 2 USB Blasters connected on your system. Is this correct? If yes, while you download your image using IDE, which USB blaster do you select?  

Regards, 

Bhaumik 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Bhaumik... thanks for the reply... 

i am using only one USB Blaster and same i am using for downloading elf by IDE and From NIOSII command shell... 

thanku
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Sagar, 

You can try using -r command which is used to reset processor. ( I mean you can use following command while using Nios II command shell : nios2-download -g -r ~/uart_with_fpp.elf

I request you to post result once you try this. 

Regards, 

Bhaumik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Sagar, 

You can try using -r command which is used to reset processor. ( I mean you can use following command while using Nios II command shell : nios2-download -g -r ~/uart_with_fpp.elf

I request you to post result once you try this. 

Regards, 

Bhaumik 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Bhaumik.. 

thank you.. 

i will try out this and update the result.. i too have hope with reset it will work. 

thanks, 

Sagar B
0 Kudos