Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Downloading elf error from nios2 command shell...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus 14.0 and Cyclone V FPGA..... 

In Qsys system integration tool i am using NOR flash base address as a Reset vector and SDRAM base address as a Exception vector. 

If i try to download elf file using niosII IDE everything is fine i can able to download it, and it is working fine. 

and if i am trying to download same elf file through niosII command shell i am getting following error... 

verify failed between address 0x2000020 and 0x200ffff this is sdram address 

following is error message:  

root@Nitin:/opt/altera/14.0/nios2eds# nios2-download -g ~/uart_with_fpp.elf 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [2-2]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Initializing CPU cache (if present) 

OK 

Downloaded 70KB in 1.0s (70.0KB/s) 

Verifying 02000020 ( 0%) 

Verify failed between address 0x2000020 and 0x200FFFF 

Leaving target processor paused 

root@Nitin:/opt/altera/14.0/nios2eds# 

Thanks in advance.... 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Sagar, 

Your error message says USB-Blaster[2-2]. See number 2-2. It seems to me that there are 2 USB Blasters connected on your system. Is this correct? If yes, while you download your image using IDE, which USB blaster do you select?  

Regards, 

Bhaumik
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Sagar, 

Your error message says USB-Blaster[2-2]. See number 2-2. It seems to me that there are 2 USB Blasters connected on your system. Is this correct? If yes, while you download your image using IDE, which USB blaster do you select?  

Regards, 

Bhaumik 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Bhaumik... thanks for the reply... 

i am using only one USB Blaster and same i am using for downloading elf by IDE and From NIOSII command shell... 

thanku
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Sagar, 

You can try using -r command which is used to reset processor. ( I mean you can use following command while using Nios II command shell : nios2-download -g -r ~/uart_with_fpp.elf

I request you to post result once you try this. 

Regards, 

Bhaumik
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Sagar, 

You can try using -r command which is used to reset processor. ( I mean you can use following command while using Nios II command shell : nios2-download -g -r ~/uart_with_fpp.elf

I request you to post result once you try this. 

Regards, 

Bhaumik 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Bhaumik.. 

thank you.. 

i will try out this and update the result.. i too have hope with reset it will work. 

thanks, 

Sagar B