Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

EDS QSPI programming problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i’m using my custom Cyclone V SoC(5cseba5u19i7n) board in combination with QSPI flash (Micron 512Mbit). 

I want to program the NOR flash via USB blaster with SoC EDS Command Shell version 15.0. 

When I start up the “SoC EDS Command Shell version 15.0”and type “quartus_hps.exe –c 1 –o PV ”. 

After programming done ,I get the following  

"1.send_access_data() error while accessing DP Register. 2.Debug Port Read Buffer reading failure, read_dp_buff() error while accessing AP Register.3.Failed to READ ACCESS to the Physical Reg. 4. Failed to read MPU Module Reset Register."  

I was wondering the JTAG was not nomally working. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, i’m using my custom Cyclone V SoC(5cseba5u19i7n) board in combination with QSPI flash (Micron 512Mbit). 

I want to program the NOR flash via USB blaster with SoC EDS Command Shell version 15.0. 

When I start up the “SoC EDS Command Shell version 15.0”and type “quartus_hps.exe –c 1 –o PV ”. 

After programming done ,I get the following  

"1.send_access_data() error while accessing DP Register. 2.Debug Port Read Buffer reading failure, read_dp_buff() error while accessing AP Register.3.Failed to READ ACCESS to the Physical Reg. 4. Failed to read MPU Module Reset Register."  

I was wondering the JTAG was not nomally working. 

Thank you. 

--- Quote End ---  

I am having the same problem. Have you found a resolution?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you found an answer to this? I am also having the same issue (5CSEBA4U) 

Except mine says "Failed to release reset register of MPU"
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anyone resolved this issue? 

Thanks 

Kevin.
0 Kudos