Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

ERROR: tb.dut.master_0.mm_master_vhdl_wrapper.<protected> .<protected>: Illegal c

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've developed a custom Avalon-MM Slave IP component in VHDL and I'm trying to test it in Modelsim. I've based my test bench on the Avalon Verification example, avlmm_1x1_vhdl, which simulates fine, but because I'm simulating a custom slave I don't have a slave_0 Avalon-MM Slave BFM library associated with it so I've modified the test_program.vhd to only send master commands, and removed all Avalon-MM Slave BFM-specific code from test_program_pkg.vhd. 

However when I simulate I get the following error: 

950: ERROR: tb.dut.master_0.mm_master_vhdl_wrapper.<protected>.<protected>: Illegal command while reset asserted 

I haven't changed the reset signal functionality - it's the same as in the avlmm_1x1_vhdl example, and tb/reset is high for a time then gets set low. 

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
0 Kudos
0 Replies