Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Eclipse 20.1 Failures with #include

James_B
New Contributor II

Before I begin, I have all my Eclipse settings "correct" for inclusion of files. I do have a project working in Eclipse 20.1 

However, upon refactoring functions from main to other files, the basic #include directive in C is not working consistently.

It works for some files, but not for others. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Build 19043 and Quartus 20.1 Prime Pro Standard edition with Eclipse 20.1 

For example, function "void general_function()" was placed in general.h and general.c 

In my main file, when I include with 

#include "general.h" 

I get the message of "undefined reference to general_function()" 

However, other include files to work. If it failed for all of them (and they are all in the same root directory), I would think it would be my fault for the way that I organized the files or did not setup Eclipse properly. However, with inconsistent includes, this is quite problematic for having any real confidence in Eclipse 20.1 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks. James

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi James_B,

May I know you mentioned that not working consistently, is it sometimes compile fail but sometimes pass?

Maybe you can try to make a very simple general.c file and observe any failure to your declaration of function in general.h file. Then only add on more content/functions to your general.c file. From there probably can notice what is causing the problem.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi James_B,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos