Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Eclipse - Error Creating Project (Access is Denied)

JLemo4
Beginner

I am trying to create a simple template hello world nios application for a 19.1 Quartus pro project. First, the SBT shortcuts were installed by default, but not the underlying files for eclipse. So, none of the shortcuts work after installation. I followed the instructions I found online to install Eclipse for 19.1 (why is it missing in this latest Quartus version...??). and now I can run the SBT, but when I try to create a hello world project and bsp - it fails. It seems to make the bsp project fine, but then fails on the hello world app saying "Error Creating Project c:\mypath\Makefile (Access is denied). 

I checked that I have full ownership of the working directory, and I am the admin on the Win 10 machine. I saw 2 other posts with the same exact thing - but no resolution. I did notice if I go to a nios 2 command shell and look at file permissions, it appears all files and directories Eclipse itself is creating, doesn't have rwx for the file owner or the all users (---rwx---) - when I force them with chmod -R a+rwx - still no luck. I am running the SBT (eclipse-nios2.exe) as administrator as well. As another data point, using the SBT for 18.1 works fine creating template projects with the same .sopcinfo file.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Some how the 19.1 and 19.2 version left the admin permission for some files. you can grab control by (Right click the folder>>Properties>>Security Tab>>Select users(exJohn)>>Press Edit>> Check the "Full control" box>> OK) .

Regards,

Jens
Novice

Hi,

we had the same problem using Quartus Prime Standard 18.1 Build 646. After downgrading to 18.1 Build 625 this issue disappeared.

Regards,

Jens

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for your trial and confirmation, I filled an internal issue to report this issue.

Please continue with the working build, I will let you know once we have update on this. I really appreciate your patience and help.

Regards,

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for helping Intel to improve the Quartus tool. I really appreciate your help.