Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

Eclipse - Error Creating Project (Access is Denied)

JLemo4
Beginner

I am trying to create a simple template hello world nios application for a 19.1 Quartus pro project. First, the SBT shortcuts were installed by default, but not the underlying files for eclipse. So, none of the shortcuts work after installation. I followed the instructions I found online to install Eclipse for 19.1 (why is it missing in this latest Quartus version...??). and now I can run the SBT, but when I try to create a hello world project and bsp - it fails. It seems to make the bsp project fine, but then fails on the hello world app saying "Error Creating Project c:\mypath\Makefile (Access is denied). 

I checked that I have full ownership of the working directory, and I am the admin on the Win 10 machine. I saw 2 other posts with the same exact thing - but no resolution. I did notice if I go to a nios 2 command shell and look at file permissions, it appears all files and directories Eclipse itself is creating, doesn't have rwx for the file owner or the all users (---rwx---) - when I force them with chmod -R a+rwx - still no luck. I am running the SBT (eclipse-nios2.exe) as administrator as well. As another data point, using the SBT for 18.1 works fine creating template projects with the same .sopcinfo file.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Some how the 19.1 and 19.2 version left the admin permission for some files. you can grab control by (Right click the folder>>Properties>>Security Tab>>Select users(exJohn)>>Press Edit>> Check the "Full control" box>> OK) .

Regards,

0 Kudos
Jens
Novice

Hi,

we had the same problem using Quartus Prime Standard 18.1 Build 646. After downgrading to 18.1 Build 625 this issue disappeared.

Regards,

Jens

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for your trial and confirmation, I filled an internal issue to report this issue.

Please continue with the working build, I will let you know once we have update on this. I really appreciate your patience and help.

Regards,

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for helping Intel to improve the Quartus tool. I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos