Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

Eclipse Kepler crashing. Quartus 15.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Eclipse crashes very often and trows an error -805306369. In windows 8 system. I reinstalled Java, clean the projects, create a new workspace, but always crashes. 

Attached is a printscreen of this error. 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12125&stc=1
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi frank2215, 

do you have any update on this topics, as we may have the problem here. 

thanks for feedback
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Ischoch,  

No, the problem keeps. Now I am downloading the Quartus 16.1 version. I do not know if eclipse version is different for the Nios toolchain.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi frank2215, 

I have been having the same issue with Quartus 15.1 with the same error crashing in Eclipse Kepler. I too have tried reinstalling Java, cleaning the project, and create a new workspace with no success. Did moving to 16.1 resolve the issue?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi frank2215, 

I have been having the same issue with Quartus 15.1 with the same error crashing in Eclipse Kepler. I too have tried reinstalling Java, cleaning the project, and create a new workspace with no success. Did moving to 16.1 resolve the issue? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, I never could solve this issue. I always update the tools just to see if this issue is fixed. I do not know how about the 17 version just released these days.  

Regards