Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Eclipse in Soc Embedded Design Suite

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo everyone, 

I googled a lot but no one seems to have the same problem. I recently installed soc embedded design suite (http://www.altera.com/devices/processor/arm/cortex-a9/software/proc-soc-embedded-design-suite.html) from Altera Website. Then I installed the tool and eclipse. But I' m not able to start eclipse from the "embedded command shell". I get an error message: 

linux$ /opt/Altera/14.0/embedded$ ./embedded_command_shell.sh WARNING: DS-5 install not detected. SoC EDS may not function correctly without a DS-5 install. ------------------------------------------------ Altera Embedded Command Shell Version 14.0 ------------------------------------------------  

The problem is, when I start eclipse from its directory (/usr/local/DS-5/bin) there are no Altera-specific things like the debugger or the Cyclone 5 SoC in it. I added eclipse's path to $PATH, but no effect on that. Can anyone help me? There is something wrong but I don't know where's the problem! 

Thank you very much! 

Sebastian
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you get it to work?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Any update on this issue? I am having the same problem with Quartus 15 running on CentOS 7. 

Thanks!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the DS-5 has separate installation on Linux. After installing EDS on /opt/altera/15.0, follow 

cd /opt/altera/15.0/embedded/ds-5_installer 

sudo ./install.sh
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

did you tried uninstall and reinstall all those tools in the correct sequences?