Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Eclipse in Soc Embedded Design Suite

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo everyone, 

I googled a lot but no one seems to have the same problem. I recently installed soc embedded design suite (http://www.altera.com/devices/processor/arm/cortex-a9/software/proc-soc-embedded-design-suite.html) from Altera Website. Then I installed the tool and eclipse. But I' m not able to start eclipse from the "embedded command shell". I get an error message: 

linux$ /opt/Altera/14.0/embedded$ ./embedded_command_shell.sh WARNING: DS-5 install not detected. SoC EDS may not function correctly without a DS-5 install. ------------------------------------------------ Altera Embedded Command Shell Version 14.0 ------------------------------------------------  

The problem is, when I start eclipse from its directory (/usr/local/DS-5/bin) there are no Altera-specific things like the debugger or the Cyclone 5 SoC in it. I added eclipse's path to $PATH, but no effect on that. Can anyone help me? There is something wrong but I don't know where's the problem! 

Thank you very much! 

Sebastian
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you get it to work?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Any update on this issue? I am having the same problem with Quartus 15 running on CentOS 7. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the DS-5 has separate installation on Linux. After installing EDS on /opt/altera/15.0, follow 

cd /opt/altera/15.0/embedded/ds-5_installer 

sudo ./install.sh
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

did you tried uninstall and reinstall all those tools in the correct sequences?

0 Kudos