Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Eclipse showing error message

RAlex4
Beginner

I am new to NIOS II EDS. I am trying to generate a calculato using the nios system.

I tried to build and run my code. First, I got an error with Target connection. I tried to refresh the connection, but the system would not detect the development kit. Now I see two errors in the problems window, which I don't understand. I am attaching a screenshot of the error. Can somebody please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Reba,

Provide a console message log.

Also, share information about your design, Development kit & Tool version & edition used.

If possible share your project.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
RAlex4
Beginner
**** Build of configuration Nios II for project nios_calculator ****   make all 3 [main] sh 15604 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 1 [main] sh 1204 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 1 [main] echo 5560 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com Info: Building ../nios_calculator_bsp/ make --no-print-directory -C ../nios_calculator_bsp/ 2 [main] pwd 16248 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 2 [main] sh 6960 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 1 [main] echo 13232 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com Makefile not up to date. 1 [main] echo 8056 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com ../../niosii_system.sopcinfo has been modified since the BSP was generated. 1 [main] echo 12672 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com   1 [main] echo 1332 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com Generate the BSP to update the Makefile, and then build again. 1 [main] echo 10620 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com   1 [main] echo 8176 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com To generate from Eclipse: 1 [main] sh 15364 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 1. Right-click the BSP project. 1 [main] sh 10468 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 2. In the Nios II Menu, click Generate BSP. 1 [main] echo 8324 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com   1 [main] echo 10708 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com To generate from the command line: 1 [main] sh 3900 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=<settings file> --bsp-dir=<target bsp files directory> 1 [main] echo 9788 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com   1 [main] sh 10636 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com make[1]: *** [public.mk] Error 1 make: *** [../nios_calculator_bsp/-recurs-make-lib] Error 2   **** Build Finished ****

Hello Anand,

I am using the DE2-115 development kit, and lite version of Quartus II 14.0 to build the system. I have attached the C code for the calculator

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Reba,

Your consol message is showing build error, Error on bsp folder clean the project & bsp and regenerate the bsp & build project and check.

If you face same issue try to recreate the eclipse project with the correct .sopcinfo file.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
RAlex4
Beginner

Hello Anand,

Yes, that fixed the error. Thank you for the support.

Reba

0 Kudos