Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Elf file error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

I am trying to run / debug my tse_tutorial ( triple speed ethernet ) in Eclipse . I did successful compile of Hw and also sw and when i tried to launch the appl from eclipse i got an error that "Launching Failed " . see my screen shot attached and also my .c file . 

Has anyone encountered such an error , how did you solved it ?? 

Regards ,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

#include <altera_avalon_sgdma.h> # include <altera_avalon_sgdma_descriptor.h> # include <altera_avalon_sgdma_regs.h> # include "sys/alt_stdio.h" # include "sys/alt_irq.h" # include <unistd.h> # include "stdio.h" # include "stdlib.h" // Function Prototypes void rx_ethernet_isr (void *context); // Global Variables unsigned int text_length; // Create a transmit frame unsigned char tx_frame = { 0x00,0x00, // for 32-bit alignment 0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF, // destination address (broadcast) 0x01,0x60,0x6E,0x11,0x02,0x0F, // source address 0x00,0x2E, // length or type of the payload data '\0' // payload data (ended with termination character) }; // Create a receive frame unsigned char rx_frame = { 0 }; // Create sgdma transmit and receive devices alt_sgdma_dev * sgdma_tx_dev; alt_sgdma_dev * sgdma_rx_dev; // Allocate descriptors in the descriptor_memory (onchip memory) alt_sgdma_descriptor tx_descriptor __attribute__ (( section ( ".descriptor_memory" ))); alt_sgdma_descriptor tx_descriptor_end __attribute__ (( section ( ".descriptor_memory" ))); alt_sgdma_descriptor rx_descriptor __attribute__ (( section ( ".descriptor_memory" ))); alt_sgdma_descriptor rx_descriptor_end __attribute__ (( section ( ".descriptor_memory" ))); /******************************************************************************** * This program demonstrates use of the Ethernet in the DE2-115 board. * * It performs the following: * 1. Records input text and transmits the text via Ethernet after Enter is * pressed * 2. Displays text received via Ethernet frame on the JTAG UART ********************************************************************************/ int main(void) { // Open the sgdma transmit device sgdma_tx_dev = alt_avalon_sgdma_open ("/dev/sgdma_tx"); if (sgdma_tx_dev == NULL) { alt_printf ("Error: could not open scatter-gather dma transmit device\n"); return -1; } else alt_printf ("Opened scatter-gather dma transmit device\n"); // Open the sgdma receive device sgdma_rx_dev = alt_avalon_sgdma_open ("/dev/sgdma_rx"); if (sgdma_rx_dev == NULL) { alt_printf ("Error: could not open scatter-gather dma receive device\n"); return -1; } else alt_printf ("Opened scatter-gather dma receive device\n"); // Set interrupts for the sgdma receive device alt_avalon_sgdma_register_callback( sgdma_rx_dev, (alt_avalon_sgdma_callback) rx_ethernet_isr, 0x00000014, NULL ); // Create sgdma receive descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_construct_stream_to_mem_desc( &rx_descriptor, &rx_descriptor_end, rx_frame, 0, 0 ); // Set up non-blocking transfer of sgdma receive descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_do_async_transfer( sgdma_rx_dev, &rx_descriptor ); // Triple-speed Ethernet MegaCore base address volatile int * tse = (int *) 0x00102000; // Initialize the MAC address *(tse + 3) = 0x116E6001; *(tse + 4) = 0x00000F02; // Specify the addresses of the PHY devices to be accessed through MDIO interface *(tse + 0x0F) = 0x10; *(tse + 0x10) = 0x11; // Write to register 20 of the PHY chip for Ethernet port 0 to set up line loopback *(tse + 0x94) = 0x4000; // Write to register 16 of the PHY chip for Ethernet port 1 to enable automatic crossover for all modes *(tse + 0xB0) = *(tse + 0xB0) | 0x0060; // Write to register 20 of the PHY chip for Ethernet port 2 to set up delay for input/output clk *(tse + 0xB4) = *(tse + 0xB4) | 0x0082; // Software reset the second PHY chip and wait *(tse + 0xA0) = *(tse + 0xA0) | 0x8000; while ( *(tse + 0xA0) & 0x8000 ) ; // Enable read and write transfers, gigabit Ethernet operation, and CRC forwarding *(tse + 2) = *(tse + 2) | 0x0000004B; alt_printf( "send> " ); text_length = 0; while (1) { char new_char; tx_frame = '\0'; // Add new typed characters to the transmit frame until the user types the return character while ( (new_char = alt_getchar()) != '\n' ) { if (new_char == 0x08 && text_length > 0) { // Check if character is a backspace and if there is anything to delete alt_printf( "%c", new_char ); text_length--; // Maintain the terminal character after the text tx_frame = '\0'; } else if (text_length < 45) { // Check if there is still room in the frame for another character alt_printf( "%c", new_char ); // Add the new character to the output text tx_frame = new_char; text_length++; // Maintain the terminal character after the text tx_frame = '\0'; } } alt_printf( "\nsend> " ); text_length = 0; // Create transmit sgdma descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_construct_mem_to_stream_desc( &tx_descriptor, &tx_descriptor_end, tx_frame, 62, 0, 1, 1, 0 ); // Set up non-blocking transfer of sgdma transmit descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_do_async_transfer( sgdma_tx_dev, &tx_descriptor ); // Wait until transmit descriptor transfer is complete while (alt_avalon_sgdma_check_descriptor_status(&tx_descriptor) != 0) ; } return 0; } /**************************************************************************************** * Subroutine to read incoming Ethernet frames ****************************************************************************************/ void rx_ethernet_isr (void *context) { int i; // Wait until receive descriptor transfer is complete while (alt_avalon_sgdma_check_descriptor_status(&rx_descriptor) != 0) ; // Clear input line before writing for (i = 0; i < (6 + text_length); i++) { alt_printf( "%c", 0x08 ); // 0x08 --> backspace } // Output received text alt_printf( "receive> %s\n", rx_frame + 16 ); // Reprint current input line after the output alt_printf( "send> %s", tx_frame + 16 ); // Create new receive sgdma descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_construct_stream_to_mem_desc( &rx_descriptor, &rx_descriptor_end, rx_frame, 0, 0 ); // Set up non-blocking transfer of sgdma receive descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_do_async_transfer( sgdma_rx_dev, &rx_descriptor ); }

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, did you match this example with the default version(example platform) of the quartus and soc eds, and it's running up before?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, did you match this example with the default version(example platform) of the quartus and soc eds, and it's running up before? 

--- Quote End ---  

The example was made in the older version , i designed the whole SOPC system again in ver 13.0 and compiled it without any errors and downloaded it and then started making its software in Eclipse ver 13.0 as well . This is when i make a blank project and import this .C file which also compiles without errors and when i try to run i get this error ??? 

any clues ????
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have other SOPC projects that work fine and i can launch them from within Eclipse , but i dont understand this error .  

See quartus project attached , i am using ver 13.0
0 Kudos