Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Empty nios2_system.h

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having a great deal of trouble compiling the ucLinux kernel. When I try to build a kernel for my own Nios II project, the build/include/nios2_system.h file is empty, leading to compilation failures. I can't figure out how this file is build - it appears to be generated by a java class activated by the "build" menu item, but since it is in compiled java bytecode, I can't see if there is anything wrong in it. Since the file seems to be build correctly when I build a kernel for a standard example (the vhdl full-featured example for the Cyclone Nios board), I can only think that there is something about my Nios II design that does not correspond to assumed values. This could be either the cpu name ("mainNios" in my design, "cpu" in the example) or a problem with the directories and drives (I have my Altera programs installed on drive d, including the examples, while my own designs are on drive e, although I don't see why that should be an issue). 

When I try using the example design, the nios2_system.h is generated correctly and the build proceeeds. However, it stops with the error  

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `arch/nios2nommu/kernel/vmlinux.lds.s', needed by `__build'. Stop. 

Also, as far as I can see, when I build using the eclipse plugins, all the object files for the kernel are re-compiled every time, while if I use the SOPC Builder command line, modules are only re-compiled if required. At the moment, it's not a problem, but it seems a bit inefficient?
0 Kudos
0 Replies