Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Enabling LW H2F bridge from MPL --> hangs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I need to enable the LW H2F bridge from HPS in order to access my FPGA logic before loading u-boot.  

The MPL runs from the FPGA. 

Actually, I managed to make it work, but I don't know why it works :shock:. Please see the code below. This code will hang on the first attempt to access the LW bridge, BUT if I add: 

ALT_PRINTF("RSTMGR %08x\n", alt_read_word(SOCFPGA_RSTMGR_ADDRESS)); 

right after remapping, then the MPL runs fine. I fount this out just by coincident.  

board_init() { ... ... sysmgr_pinmux_init(); releasing_all_peripherals_from_reset(); <--- added by me warm_reset_handshake_support(); <--- added by me alt_bridge_init(ALT_BRIDGE_LWH2F, NULL, NULL); <--- added by me alt_write_word(ALT_L3_REMAP_ADDR, 0x18 | 0x1); // remap 0x0 to OCRAM, Maintain FPGA connection <--- moved from the end of the board_init() // thaw (un-freeze) all IO banks sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_0, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_1, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_2, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_3, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); 

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
0 Replies