Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Enabling LW H2F bridge from MPL --> hangs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I need to enable the LW H2F bridge from HPS in order to access my FPGA logic before loading u-boot.  

The MPL runs from the FPGA. 

Actually, I managed to make it work, but I don't know why it works :shock:. Please see the code below. This code will hang on the first attempt to access the LW bridge, BUT if I add: 

ALT_PRINTF("RSTMGR %08x\n", alt_read_word(SOCFPGA_RSTMGR_ADDRESS)); 

right after remapping, then the MPL runs fine. I fount this out just by coincident.  

board_init() { ... ... sysmgr_pinmux_init(); releasing_all_peripherals_from_reset(); <--- added by me warm_reset_handshake_support(); <--- added by me alt_bridge_init(ALT_BRIDGE_LWH2F, NULL, NULL); <--- added by me alt_write_word(ALT_L3_REMAP_ADDR, 0x18 | 0x1); // remap 0x0 to OCRAM, Maintain FPGA connection <--- moved from the end of the board_init() // thaw (un-freeze) all IO banks sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_0, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_1, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_2, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); sys_mgr_frzctrl_thaw_req(FREEZE_CHANNEL_3, FREEZE_CONTROLLER_FSM_SW); 

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
0 Replies