Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Error 10867 in SOPC Component Editor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I am building a new component in component editor for SOPC builder. I added 2 package files and a design file for the new component, all in VHDL. When it analyzes the files, it reports an error message like below: 

Error (10867): Verilog HDL or VHDL XML Interface error at xxxx.vhd(32): port "xxxx" has an unsupported type File:/the path to the design file/ Line: 32. 

The line in question is a input signal definition in the entity for the new component, it looks like: 

coe_c0_rx_crc_err_cnt_st : in t_lev2_rx_d_32bit_cnt := (others => (others => '0'));  

where the t_lev2_rx_d_32bit_cnt is a array type defined in one of the package files, which looks like: 

type t_lev2_rx_d_32bit_cnt is array(11 downto 0) of std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); 

I can't find out what the error message is about. Could anyone point out the problem here? 

Your help will be very much appreciated. 

Hua
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

BTW, I have compiled these files in QII successfully. It's more like a SOPC SW problem. 

Hua
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I need a generic two demision port for address and etc. for my custom component in NIOS system. Did you find any solution?
0 Kudos