Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12367 Discussions

Error creating Project with custom component as reset and exception vector.

GK4
Beginner

Hello,

I get the following error when creating a new NIOSII application and BSP from Template with a custom component as reset and exception vector for my NIOS/f cpu. See the attached picture for details.nios_error.png

Where my zim_qspi_controller components interfaces are set generic.

The generics are generated with the _hw.tcl scipt.

In the component the master communicates with a dual port fifo over the avs_mem interface.

--Speicher-Interface avs_mem_write :in std_logic; avs_mem_waitrequest :out std_logic; avs_mem_read :in std_logic; avs_mem_writedata :in std_logic_vector(AVALON_BUS_DATA_BYTES-1 downto 0); avs_mem_readdata :out std_logic_vector(AVALON_BUS_DATA_BYTES-1 downto 0); avs_mem_readdatavalid :out std_logic; avs_mem_byteenable :in std_logic_vector(AVALON_BUS_DATA_BYTES/8-1 downto 0); --avs_mem_irq :out std_logic; avs_mem_burstcount :in std_logic_vector (BURST_BTIS-1 downto 0); avs_mem_address :in std_logic_vector (ADDRESS_BITS-1 downto 0);

I am using:

Platform Designer 18.1 Build 625

NIOSII EDS 18.0.0.v20180425- 1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GK4
Beginner

After reading this post, I saw that I haven't checked the: isMemoryDevice in the _hw.tcl file.