Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Error from the tutorial of Generating and Compiling Cyclone V Preloader

SONG
Beginner

Hi, I have an Error from the tutorial of Generating and Compiling Cyclone V Preloader.

the error message is here

------------------

C:\intelFPGA\18.0\embedded\host_tools\mentor\gnu\arm\baremetal\bin\arm-altera-eabi-ld.exe: cannot open map file u-boot-spl.map: Permission denied

Makefile:178: '/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/examples/hardware/cv_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga/spl/u-boot-spl' 타겟에 대한 명령이 실패했습니다

make[2]: *** [/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/examples/hardware/cv_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga/spl/u-boot-spl] 오류 1

make[2]: 디렉터리 '/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/examples/hardware/cv_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga/spl' 나감

Makefile:611: 'spl/u-boot-spl.bin' 타겟에 대한 명령이 실패했습니다

make[1]: *** [spl/u-boot-spl.bin] 오류 2

make[1]: 디렉터리 '/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/examples/hardware/cv_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga' 나감

make: *** [uboot-socfpga/spl/u-boot-spl.bin] Error 2

----------------------------

How can I fix this error?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

The main issue may be due to permissions as the error describes:

" cannot open map file u-boot-spl.map: Permission denied"

Check if your working / code folders have requisite permissions - read/write before executing the make command. Also verify that you are not referencing another user's workspace which might be in read-only mode.

Did you run the command with super-user/root privilages (su make/ sudo make) try running it that way and check.

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Try to run SoC EDS as Administrator and see if you can overcome this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

Does the note above helped you Abraham?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ABara8
Beginner

Hello, I had this problem and cheking prepissions helped me. Files, extracted by untar had only read and exec premissions, so did parent folder

Sperber
Novice

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue.

I tried to change permissions of my code directory to 777

I also tried to change windows permissions for this file.

Can you explain in detail, what worked for you?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos