Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Error from the tutorial of Generating and Compiling Cyclone V Preloader

SONG
Beginner

I am trying Generating and Compiling Cyclone V Preloader in SoCEDSGettingStarted

The referred SoCEDSGettingStarted's URL is here >>https://fpgawiki.intel.com/wiki/SoCEDSGettingStarted#Starting_the_Embedded_Command_Shell

and I followed the instructions but i have an error at the last step

-----

9. Click Exit in the BSP Editor window box to exit the application.

10. In the Embedded Command Shell, execute the following commands to build the Preloader

cd <SoC EDS installation directory>\examples\hardware\cv_soc_devkit_ghrd\software\spl_bsp

make 

11. The Preloader will be compiled ready to be used in the above folder.

-----

I have this error message in EDS command shell 

--------------

$ make

tar zxf /cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/host_tools/altera/preloader/uboot-socfpga.tar.gz

tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open '/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.0/embedded/host_tools/altera/preloader/uboot-socfpga.tar.gz'

make: *** [uboot-socfpga/.untar] Error 1

------------

How can I fix this error plz help me

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

You can fix this issue by following one of the suggestions bellow:

(For each time)

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyTozSAE/preloader-make-untar-failing?language=en_US

(one time only)

You can replace the makefile.template available in <your_quartus_installation>/embedded/ip/altera/preloader/src

with the attached one.

Make sure to create new spl_bsp, since the new project will take its makefile from the modified makefile.template

You should see this issue fixed.

Make sure to unzip the attachment first before you copy.

Thanks

thanks

0 Kudos