Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Error in creating Nios Project and BSP from Templates: Makefile(Access is denied)

AHadi
Beginner

I have Quartus and Nios 16.1 Lite edition installed and working fine. However, there is a small bug in 16.1 that is apparently resolved in newer versions. I tried upgrading to 18.1 but when I want to create a new project with BSP from the hello_world_small template or any other templates, I get the error screens below on accessing the Makfile and the project build fails. I run the Nios software with administrator rights and have no idea what the source of the probelm is. I appreciate any advise on Fixes/Workarounds. If it matters, my operating system is a windows 10.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Amir,

Try to Regenerate the BSP to update the Makefile and then build again. To regenerate from Eclipse Right-click the BSP project.>Nios II Menu->click Generate BSP. 

If possible share the project.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
AHadi
Beginner

Hi Anand,

I tried your suggestion but it did not resolve the problem. I am attaching the sopcinfo and qsys files here.

It is a very simple project comprising of a timer and two pios.

Thanks,

-Amir

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I was able to created new project for 10M08SAE144C8GES device with your nios.qsys and Quartus lite 18.1 successfully.

1. delete your db , incremental_db & software folders and generate your Qsys system and create new eclipse project and check

attached project

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos