Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

Error in creating Nios Project and BSP from Templates: Makefile(Access is denied)

AHadi
Beginner

I have Quartus and Nios 16.1 Lite edition installed and working fine. However, there is a small bug in 16.1 that is apparently resolved in newer versions. I tried upgrading to 18.1 but when I want to create a new project with BSP from the hello_world_small template or any other templates, I get the error screens below on accessing the Makfile and the project build fails. I run the Nios software with administrator rights and have no idea what the source of the probelm is. I appreciate any advise on Fixes/Workarounds. If it matters, my operating system is a windows 10.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Amir,

Try to Regenerate the BSP to update the Makefile and then build again. To regenerate from Eclipse Right-click the BSP project.>Nios II Menu->click Generate BSP. 

If possible share the project.

Regards

Anand

AHadi
Beginner

Hi Anand,

I tried your suggestion but it did not resolve the problem. I am attaching the sopcinfo and qsys files here.

It is a very simple project comprising of a timer and two pios.

Thanks,

-Amir

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I was able to created new project for 10M08SAE144C8GES device with your nios.qsys and Quartus lite 18.1 successfully.

1. delete your db , incremental_db & software folders and generate your Qsys system and create new eclipse project and check

attached project

Regards

Anand