Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Error with 11.1 QSys sopc-create-header-file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

All, 

I just wanted to bring to your attention that if you are attempting to use the 11.1 Quartus/NIOS to generate your uCLinux header files, you will run into the following issue. 

The command sopc-create-header-files --single <your system header file> fails to populate the reset, exception, and TLC exception addresses, setting them to 0x0 despite wherever they may be in your design. Note that this does not happen with 11.0sp1, only with the new 11.1 version of the software tools.  

To fix this issue, you can just populate the fields in the header file yourself with the offset-adjusted addresses.  

I have submitted a SR to Altera.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey intermittent, 

Im facing a similar problem right now. In my case im using Qsys generating system and I dont know how to generate .sopcinfo files with Qsys. And well I dont know which is the command for Qsys to generate the header files. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

for an .sopcinfo file, add this to your ip-generate command: 

--report-file=sopcinfo:<name>.sopcinfo
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just ran into this problem too. Any progress on your SR intermittent? 

UPDATE: Problem is still present with 11.1sp2
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, the SR never went anywhere. I submitted the steps to recreate the problem, but I'm not sure it ever got submitted as a bug report. I eventually got fed up wit the lack of response and closed the SR. 

Altera needs a better way to submit bug reports. I realize that they have to vet the reports, but blowing people off is typically not good practice.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To get around the issue, I would really recommend going back to 10.1 if possible...that seems to create the best header files.

0 Kudos