Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Errors trying to instantiate flash in SOPC Builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to instantiate a flash device in SOPC Builder. 

I instantiate the Flash Memory Interface(CFI) with a template of Intel 256P30. I instantiate my Avalon-MM Tristate Bridge. I hook them up and get the following error: 

Error: cfi_flash_0.s1: Master tri_state_bridge_0.tristate_master does not have a waitrequest signal. Slave must match master's read and write wait time (read:0 write:0) 

Error: tri_state_bridge_0.tristate_master/cfi_flash_0.s1: Signal tri_state_bridge_0.tristate_master[0] and signal cfi_flash_0.s1[16] must have the same data width 

Any suggestions? 

Version is Quartus 12.1sp1
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have the same problem issue, have you already fixed it? Please share me your experience. 

Thanks a lot! 

Version is also Quartus 12.1sp1
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have the same problem. Could you please if you already fixed it, send me a e-mail to me. I'm using version Quartus 13.0sp1. Thanks for your kindness.:-P

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello guys! 

I'm trying to execute the memory test template. I select the option to test flash.  

I have checked in the system.h file that the name of the flash is /dev/ext_flash. But when I type in the same name in the nios console, it shows an error 

saying : could not open "/dev/ext_flash" 

any idea how to eliminate this error? 

Thanks in advance.. any advice is welcome.
0 Kudos