Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

External SRAM not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have already posted about this issue, but for some reason the text in those posts are not visible. 

I am trying to implement an interface for external SRAM on Qsys. I am using a Generic Tri-State Controller connected to Tri-State Conduit Pin Sharer connected to Tri-State Conduit Bridge. I am quite new to FPGAs so this may not be the correct approach. I then tried to test the memory using the default memory test application in Nios. I received the error "-Data bus test failed at bit 0x1". In order to dig a little further I found that after writing "1" to the base address 0x00080000, reading that same address returns "1010101". When I try to signal tap the address and data lines I don't see any changes.  

I may have the wrong parameters for the Generic Tri-State controller, I could not find all the information I needed from the data sheet http://www.cypress.com/?docid=32763

I have attached the sopc info file. Please help. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
0 Replies