Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

FPGA configuration and Nios-II application software into the EPCS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have the design where i have FPGA logic interfacing with Nios-II. I used Quartus Prime 16.1 Standard Edition. I used Cyclone-IV Device EP4CE55. 

I want to put the FPGA configuration and Nios-II application software into the EPCS without using EPCS Controller in Qsys. Is there any method to do? 

Thanks in advance 

Regards, 

Nandish Jasani. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Any reason not to use the EPCS Controller?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I used Two Nios-II in Qsys, one Nios already interfaced with EPCS Controller, but another is not. But both Nios-II systems are independent configure in a Qsys. 

Nandish Jasani.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

How many EPCS devices are you using? Do you plan to boot both Nios from the same EPCS memory? 

You may refer to https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/tt/tt_nios2_multiprocessor_tutorial.pdf "Boot Addresses" section for details.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Acutally both nios configured in Autonomous method, both are isolated system and i have only one EPCS Device in my board. EPCS memory used only for one nios. For another i want to use FPGA Memory. 

Nandish Jasani.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Sorry I am getting confused. You mean one Nios is using EPCS while another is using On-Chip Memory? 

Can you be more precise in describing your problem?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I used Two Nios-II in Qsys.

0 Kudos