Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

FPGA to SDRAM AXI Transfer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm doing a project with Arria V SoC using the HPS and FPGA parts. In the FPGA, I have a custom IP with AXI Master interface on it. 

This IP should read and write from/to the SDRAM directly. However, I can only do read operation! The write operation does not work. 

The data in SDRAM is provided by HPS (running Linux). For now, I'm using /dev/mem to write the data to the SDRAM. 

Using the same method, I found that the data is never written from FPGA. 

1. Can you help me with this issue? Anyone has already done a work using AXI and SDRAM? 

2. In Qsys, my AXI master should be connected to the SDRAM, right? Did I do some mistake? I connect it to f2h_sdram0_data, not f2h_axi_slave on hps_0. 

3. Is there any configuration that I need to do in the AXI to perform read and write? 

Thank you so much for your help.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Never mind. Found it. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I'm doing a project with Arria V SoC using the HPS and FPGA parts. In the FPGA, I have a custom IP with AXI Master interface on it. 

This IP should read and write from/to the SDRAM directly. However, I can only do read operation! The write operation does not work. 

The data in SDRAM is provided by HPS (running Linux). For now, I'm using /dev/mem to write the data to the SDRAM. 

Using the same method, I found that the data is never written from FPGA. 

1. Can you help me with this issue? Anyone has already done a work using AXI and SDRAM? 

2. In Qsys, my AXI master should be connected to the SDRAM, right? Did I do some mistake? I connect it to f2h_sdram0_data, not f2h_axi_slave on hps_0. 

3. Is there any configuration that I need to do in the AXI to perform read and write? 

Thank you so much for your help. 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Never mind. Found it. 

--- Quote End ---  

If you post your solution it can help others in the future, who will most likely be very grateful!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Perhaps you can refer to the following design example on using the FPGA to HPS SDRAM bridge: 

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/projects/cyclevsocsdramperformanceexampledesign 

Regards, 

ccthum 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
MSene1
Beginner

Hi,

I am reopenning this issue because I am having the same problem.

Only my read interface is working but the write doesn't work.

If someone knows the solution I would be thankful.

thank you for your help