Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

File transfer to DE0-Nano running uClinux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anyone had experience transferring files via nios2-terminal, or other method, from a computer running Ubuntu to a DE0-Nano dev. kit running uClinux? My dev. kit is out-of-the-box, i.e. no ethernet h/w, I'm connected to the kit via JTAG over USB. 

My current plan is to use the "Compile Hello" example from altera wiki in order to get custom files on the h/w but if there is an easier/better way, I would like to know.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can use the host file system, so that the software on the Nios is able to open files on the PC. But for that to work you need to be able to run the software through the debugger.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! 

I've added detail to the uClinux dist instead, in order to get my apps on the hardware. No problems getting "hello-world" running but the wheels are coming off now that I'm trying to use the peripherals. I've added the Altera pio character driver but I get errors when I make the distribution. For some reason the link btw the SOPC info and the custom uClinux distribution is not being made.  

Any further help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

AH sorry, for that part I have no idea. I hope someone else will. 

Posting here the exact error that you get will probably help.
0 Kudos