Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12437 Discussions

First Nios project works with Nios2/e but not with Nios/sf

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all 

I'm a very beginner with nios II and I have some problems with the first simple test: 

I have a cheap "chinesse" CycloneII mini-board with 16 MB sdram and I created a SOPC with: 

- Nios 2/e ( Nios2 /s) 

- JTAG uart 

- PIO (1 output) 

- SDRAM controller 

- EPCS controller 

With Nios 2 SBT , selecting the template "hello world." I've created my first test, and works perfectly with the Nios2/e CPU , but after re-generating the SOPC with the cpu Nios2/s and remake the project, the board doesn't send the famous message to the Nios Console. 

Can someone help me ???? 

Thx very much
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

NIOS II/e is free, but /s and /f require a license.  

Assuming you don't have a license, you may be able to use them in time/tethered evaluation mode.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, I don't have a license, it is my first soft core try, i will take a look at opencores.