Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Functions are not getting called even if they are called in Nios II S/W Design/Code

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am new to NIOS but I am trying to learn it. I have written a code, which is having multiple functions, some of the functions are calling other functions. Now here the problem starts, as I am calling other functions from inside of another function, many times the called functions are not getting called or executed. This I have completely verified by observation in the Signal Tap(I am Using PIOs). 

For Example: There is a Write Function, One Read Function and a Delay Function. Whenever I am calling Delay Function inside a Write/Read Function, it is not getting called. I don't know the reasons of it but I am attributing it to Stack Overflow or Usage of 100MHz clock in NIOS. 

Please help me in finding the reasons for it and a possible solution. 

Regards, 

Dindayal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

could you please post some code?! 

Does your NIOS II is configured with data-cache?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes NIOS is configured with 2k of Data Cache and 4k of Instruction Cache. I am attaching the code. 

The problem which I am facing is that whenever I am calling the delay_1us() function, it is not getting called and this is leading to incorrect writing/reading from Single Wire Interface. I don't know the reason of this, it might be because of Stack issues.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How do you notice the function not been called? you print something or breakpoint in that function?

0 Kudos