Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

[GHRD] EMAC1 in Peripheral Mux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

1) Is the GHRD ghrd_5astfd5k3 compatible with the ArriaV SoC Development Board? 

2) According to the GHRD ghrd_5astfd5k3, some of GPIOs are selected instead of the EMAC1 ports in the HPS Peripheral Mux (e.g. GPIO17 instead of EMAC1.TXD2, GPIO18 instead of EMAC1.TXD2, etc - please see below the shortcut). So, how the EMAC1 can work if some of its ports are disabled (GPIOs are used instead of them)?  

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11601&stc=1  

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looks like this 5astfd5k3 that you openned is 14.0 GHRD for Arria V already.. 

You are right, this looks not going tp work..how ever i think most of the emac design example are in cyclone v which is already enabled those pins for utilization, i open up for cyclone one all with emac pin selection. did you tried open some of the design example say for cyclone V?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, I just tried this GHRD, which was recommended by the local FAE...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

maybe consider to download a cyclone V one and open it for verification.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, thanks, will do it... Anyway, it will be very strange if GHRD contains any errors... I believe thunders of user look into this GHRD...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would say the hps emac this is not implemented for in Arria V probably as so far most design example is in cyclone V. :D

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you probable let me know a web link to the CycloneV EMAC design example? Thank you

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/projects/cyclonevsgmiiexampledesign 

This is one of the emac with cyclone. Maybe suitable for your reference? 

Sorry no bare metal version.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! Got it :-)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By the way any guys/visitor around may share of there is possible design example that is using Arria V as the base?

0 Kudos