Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

GPIO access using Qsys tool and Linux in deo nano

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

I have selected the required GPIO_0 and GPIO_1 from qysys periperal pins and generated the VHDL for this.after this I have added top level file to access these GPIO's.In the Assignment editor GPIO_0 and GPIO_1 is reflecting with Bank 7 pins. 

Is this assignment correct??..After creating the .SOF when I flashed to Deo nano ..only GPIO 53 is being accessed from Linux space.Other pins cannot be accessed.Even after when we try to bind we get error saying -sh: echo: write error: No such device 

Need to know actual GPIO_1_D1 is different pin and GPIO29 is different pin..what needs to be changed in .V file to access the pin in linux?? 

Is this a linux issue or the .SOF issue??If I am able to access pin53 why I cannot access others???? 

Kindly help us to go through this forum 

--Thanks in advance 

Ravi 

0 Kudos
0 Replies