Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

GPS Parcer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I am currently working on getting GPS data from my receiver to the FPGA and displaying the sentences using Eclipse. I have done this in the past using NIOS without any issues, however when I tried to do this again, I am running into garbled sentences. Here are some specifics: 

• I am using the RS-232 as my serial device input/output 

• I have a GPS that runs at 9600 baud with one stop bit, 8 bits of data and no parity 

• I have correctly instantiated the RS-232 device within my top level compiled and ran. 

• I have generated the NIOS design with the following warning... 

• warning: system: "no matching role found for uart_rs232:s1:dataavailable (dataavailable)" 

• Eclipse compiles everthing fine, however the data I get back is something like this: >&nÊònÊ2¹NJÒnÊãònÊynÒ>Ê 

• The data does come every second as expected 

Any help with this would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As an addition to my work, I have tried using various baud rates with the same result. I am currently trying to write my own interface and see if that might work. I am using a DE2-115 with Quartus II 11.1.

0 Kudos