Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

GSRD version clarificaiton 13.1 14.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, when I started working with my Cyclone V SoC FPGA Development Kit I created the microSD card with the pre-build image via the Rocketboard instructions. Now that there is Qsys/QUartus 14.1 I wanted to make sure I was current on my tools, etc. So, today I tried to do the same thing with the 14.1 prebuild image that I downloaded from Rocketboards. Well, it won't boot. Also, it has the Angstrom Distribution... So, Questions -- I HAD SUCCESSFULLY reconfigured my kernel to add more stuff 3.9.0. Now I'm not sure I have the correct Linux release, etc. besides not being able to boot. So, can I even use 14.1 with my dev board? If yes then has anyone had trouble with the pre-built image? THANKS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

SOLVED --- 

Got the 14.1 image to boot. Had downloaded from a Windows machine - downloaded from a Linux machine and all is well.  

I do not like WINDOWS!!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A similar situation happened to me a while back. I wasted a lot of time due to a bad download. Now I check the MD5 sum of the downloads. Seems like the download manager doesn't protect against mangled files.

0 Kudos