Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12437 Discussions

GSRD version clarificaiton 13.1 14.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, when I started working with my Cyclone V SoC FPGA Development Kit I created the microSD card with the pre-build image via the Rocketboard instructions. Now that there is Qsys/QUartus 14.1 I wanted to make sure I was current on my tools, etc. So, today I tried to do the same thing with the 14.1 prebuild image that I downloaded from Rocketboards. Well, it won't boot. Also, it has the Angstrom Distribution... So, Questions -- I HAD SUCCESSFULLY reconfigured my kernel to add more stuff 3.9.0. Now I'm not sure I have the correct Linux release, etc. besides not being able to boot. So, can I even use 14.1 with my dev board? If yes then has anyone had trouble with the pre-built image? THANKS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

SOLVED --- 

Got the 14.1 image to boot. Had downloaded from a Windows machine - downloaded from a Linux machine and all is well.  

I do not like WINDOWS!!!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A similar situation happened to me a while back. I wasted a lot of time due to a bad download. Now I check the MD5 sum of the downloads. Seems like the download manager doesn't protect against mangled files.