Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Getting an IP address

ntahoturi5922
Novice

Hello Everyone. 

I have been working on this project for a while now for school work. I am using a TSE IP with MSGDMA using edition 18.1. 

The system builds ok and says that it is running. But I am trying to get an IP address display on the nios ii console but it remains blank. 

I have included my system from platform designer, and what I get when I ran the system. 

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

SYSTEM FROM PLATFORM DESIGNERSYSTEM FROM PLATFORM DESIGNERSYSTEM FROM PLATFORM DESIGNERSYSTEM FROM PLATFORM DESIGNERI get nothing when i run the systemI get nothing when i run the systembsp editorbsp editorScreenshot (6).png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Jacques,

Apologize for the delay. Just to confirm, Is the issue been resolved?

If no, I will look into it right away.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
ntahoturi5922
Novice

Thank you for getting back to me. I have not resolved the issue. I suspect that I have an issue with the TSE MAC configuration. So, I am looking into that but no lock so far. 

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Jacques,

You can check TSE MAC configuration through example design in AN647. I have attached the link for your reference.

Kindly download the example design and unarchive, there is a file called "config.tcl", this file contains the TSE MAC register setting. System console will source this file to configure the TSE MAC register.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683344/current/single-port-triple-speed-ethernet-and.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. 

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos