Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12419 Discussions

Gigabit Ethernet Interface ( Marvell 88E1111) with Cyclone V help!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I builded a project(Gigabit Ethernet Interface) used cyclone IV ,it works well on 1000M bps 100Mbps 10Mbps;(TSE+KSZ9031) 

I change the project and now it can wok on cyclone V(5CGTFD9E5F35C7)(TSE+Marvell 88E1111),it can works well on 100Mbps, 

but in 1000Mbps mode ,on pc I can receive the ethernet packet sended by FPGA Ethernet Interface ,but I found error bytes. 

for example:part of send data: 00 1c 23 17 4a cb part of receive data 00 5c 33 77 4a 9b  

my idea to solve the problem 

1:in 1000Mbps, I Set TSE into loop mode ,I can receive the packets which i sended. 

so i think the problem is the RGMII timing problem, but I changed SDC about the rgmII interfae ,but can't solve the problem? 

help me!! thanks !!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Use TimeQuest analyzer to find the failing paths and modify the SDC file accordingly.