Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

GoAhead Webserver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello there, 

anyone know how to port the goahead webserver to NIOS2? 

Thnx
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Preloader, 

Based on the docs, GoAhead already supports ecos ... but I've 

never actually tried it. Did you download and review the source 

and accompanying docs yet? 

Regards, 

--Scott
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Preloader, 

Go Ahead is already ported to eCos. 

A web server is high enough level that there will be nothing that requires porting to a processor architecture. You will just need to modify the makefiles (or whatever go ahead uses) to use the Nios II toolchain.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ruglybloke, 

yes you are right. goahead webserver is ported to ecos. There is a makefile example with an arm platform, but i do not know how to modify the makefile for my nios2 platform.  

There are three lines in the makefile which have to be modify: 

PKG_INSTALL_DIR := /work/net_test/install 

COMMAND_PREFIX := arm-elf- 

CFLAGS := -mcpu=arm7tdmi -D__EDB7209 -D__EDB7212 $(DEBUG) 

Can you tell me how the CFLAGS have to be set? 

Thnx
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you follow the instructions in the tutorial you can look at the command line options 

COMMAND_PREFIX := nios2-elf- 

The CFLAGS will vary depending upon your hardware these will work for a Cyclone part 

CFLAGS = -g -O3 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -mno-hw-div 

If you have a Stratix part or a hardware multiply/divide unit you may wish to change these to use the multiply unit and generate faster code  

nios2-elf-gcc --help will provide more information on what the options mean
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi rugbybloke, 

thanks for your answer. I'll try your suggestion.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

TO_BE_DONE

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

main.c:252: error: conflicting types for &#39;send&#39; 

/cygdrive/d/ha/Sk3_Ecos/sk3_goahead_install/include/sys/socket.h:466: error: previous declaration of 

&#39;send&#39; was here[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

This is a standard C compiler error somewhere in your project you have multiple declarations of send. You need to find out where these are in your include files. Short of actually doing the job for you it&#39;s hard to be any more helpful I&#39;m afraid.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

now i got the goahead webserver running on my custom nios2 platform. I included some header files and do some defines. Then i compile it. 

http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Preloader @ Jun 23 2005, 04:37 AM) <{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=7821)</div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

hi, 

now i got the goahead webserver running on my custom nios2 platform. I included some header files and do some defines. Then i compile it. 

:D[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

Can you tell me how you had get rid of the conflicting types error for send() and recv()? 

I&#39;m also getting the same error that you got. 

Thanks in advance 

nayk 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to compile Go-Ahead server code 2.18 in ARM. An error is occured "stdint.h", line 35: serious error: c2933e: type disagreement for 'int8_t'. To avoid this error stdint.h file in code is renamed to 1_stdint.h and comilation is done. After this also strangely same error "stdint.h", line 35: Serious error: C2933E: type disagreement for 'int8_t' is given by compiler. Can anyone help on this issue.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can get the Goahead-Webserver now from Embedthis.com. 

Version 2.5 has been posted.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos